By: Arch: Marwat Khan;
Our meeting was scheduled on 28 February 2012 with President of Pakistan but it was cancelled due to unknown reasons. The following problems were identified for presenting to president of Pakistan, as he is the ultimate head of tribal belt.
1. The first main problem is that this land is lawlessnes, FCR is not a law, but only a way of disgrace and to keep tribal away from Government and leadership. In this law political agent is the king of the kingdom (main person) who runs the tribal area. He is the king of the no go area. Proper legislation must be done for tribal area to solve the problem of rules and regulation.
2. The boundaries of the whole tribal area are unsafe and vulnerable to interference and smuggling. It should be ensured to safeguard the boundaries of the tribal area otherwise Baluchistan like situation will be created.
3. When Pakistan came into being then we tribal were happy, because we expected relief and fast progress of the area. Our whole energy was wasted to serve the country and fought whole heartedly for this new State. But in return we get ignorance, joblessness, hate, poverty, lawlessness, FCR and killing of the tribal people in the name of war against terrorism. Now we are facing worse situation in the world war. Tribals are very peaceful and patriotic people, but unforeseen hands do not want them to live with peace and harmony. It is the responsibility of the state to safeguard the boundaries and to keep peace and prosperity in the area with the help of tribal people.
4. It is astonishing to say that male literacy rate is 29.51% and female literacy rate is 3% in the tribal area. There is no any university for 7 Lacs population. The condition of colleges and schools are worse than ruins. Education is the basic need of humanity according to UN charter, but tribal people are deprived of this basic facility even in 21st century.
5. Billion, trillion funds are coming in the name of tribal people, but those funds cannot reach to the people of the area nor did it spend on the infrastructure of the area. Even the tribal belt is rich with mineral mines and forest resources. But our mineral are mess-utilized and our forests are cutting ruthlessly and for that we have no any return.
6. The infrastructure of tribal areas are in very dilapidated condition. All roads are broken and kacha/shingle. Tribal area is 200 years back from the rest of the country. There is no electricity, gas, roads and other facilities. The first thing in infrastructure is road which may be implemented on war-footing basis. Motorways, highways and roads may constructed in the initial phase thus through this way other facilities will grow automatically.
7. Development authority for each Agency should be evolved and established to carry plan and implement the development projects in tribal areas.
8. Corruption is a big problem in the area. Major source of corruption exists in the development sector. Everyone is aware that only 20% of the fund is spent on development project, while the rest 80% is wasting in corruption.
9. The people of tribal areas are peaceful and hard-worker. Tribal peoples hate crimes. The tribal people do not want to indulge in such activities, but we do not know, who they are enforced and from where they came and who these people are who push the innocent tribal to do such activities. Most of the tribal people are uneducated and they are used for crimes by other. Neither they have the sophisticated technology to print dollars, nor they can invent the machines to produce heroin. All these are done by the elites exploiting the ignorance and unawareness of the tribal, for their notorious interests. Most of the prisoners belong to tribal area who does not know how to hire lawyers for their cases. Majority of the prisoners have been put in the prison for nothing but under FCR. They do not know their sin.
10. MNAs & Senators of tribal areas are involved in malpractice from the beginning. They are elected on the seats of tribal area and they are called the representative of the people of tribal area. But everyone know and note their shameful activities. At last the people will raise and clear the account of 65 years.
The President of Pakistan should announce full pardon to the political prisoners and prisoners of under FCR of FATA and 50% pardon for other prisoners belongs to these tribal areas as they are surely innocent.